Skip to main content

HAUL JAN'18: Thrifted x New




It's time for another show-off of materialized coolness! But I have to warn you - my recent shopping trips of last month haven't only taken place in thrift-stores. After months of buying secondhand-only, this haul features thrifted items as well as new ones. I hope you enjoy (regardless)!



To clear the air - I've set my foot into a store of a huge fashion-brand that has made headlines with their unethical production-values and, recently, a racist sweater. I could list excuses like "not wanting to feel left-out when shopping with my family", "it was all on sale!" or "just needing that certain look", but in the end, I forgot about my morals that day - and that still weighs me down. One part of me despises everything about fast-fashion, the other loves the designs and low price-point. Morals vs. superficiality. ⤮

Until I figure myself out, I want to show something with this haul. With all the possibilities of buying secondhand these days, it really is possible for almost everyone to find items that reflect modern trends and style. Especially since most fast-fashion brands copy the vintage-feel in the recent years. 

So take this haul, not as an inspiration to go to "that fashion-retailer", but to check thrift-stores and online-sites for that piece you're just burning to wear. Enough talk, let's start!

80's WINDBREAKER




T H R I F T E D // But it doesn't look like it, right? I got this babe in perfect condition @ the thriftstore in my hometown for 5€. It is perfect for the typical weather in Northern-Germany and motivates me to 'keep moving'! (ha ha, as if)






NEON SKATER-LONGSLEEVE




N E W // This is actually a men's - sweater and I love the cut, especially the long sleeves and the print on them. I know the "you only wear a shirt of a band if you listen to their music" - community would be angry right now, but I know like 5 Guns' n 'Roses songs, oops ☺ [Size M, 4€ on sale]




RETRO SPORTS-JACKET



T H R I F T E D // Jackets like these remind me of the Berlin-aesthetic in the 80's. They're making a big comeback in both male-& female fashion! And you can find easily them secondhand. I love the pattern all over the sleeves; and the shorter back. [Size XXS, 3.50€]







BLACK VINYL-SKIRT




N E W // This is probably my most-worn skirt of the past month. I wear it anywhere I go, to any occasion. Clubbing? University? Visiting my grandma? Of course! I do dare a lot when it comes to fashion, but I'm not gonna lie, in the beginning I was quiet afraid of this material. But now I love how it clashes with softer or knitted materials. And: I look damn good in it. [Size EU 38, 15€ on sale]


ORANGE PRINT-TEE




N E W // I literally only got this at that time because I love the color, and it was dirt-cheap. But that makes the print seem even more ironic than it already is. As much as I like wearing this shirt, I should push myself to "speak up" about injustice and my own flawed consumerist behavior, woo! ☺ [Men's size M, 2€ on sale]


GRANDMA's FLORAL-BLOUSE




So let's continue with a // T H R I F T E D // piece! I love oversized blouses with funky patterns on 'em, so you know I had to pick this up. It combines really pretty colors and acts as a great cardigan. [Size XL, 3.50€]
The black berét that I'm wearing is also thrifted [for 2.50€], and I'm so glad I finally found one that fits around my head. Coincidentally, it is a great transition to the next portion of this haul: hats and beanies!





BEANIES 2x



Left: NEW // I'm actually not a beanie-person, but I loved the safety-pin detail on this one. Unfortunately, it always slips off of my hair ☹ [2€]

Right: SECONDHAND // I can't say that this one is thrifted, because apparently drunk-me picked it out of a "gift-box" in my neighbourhood on her way home from a party. Oh oh, drunk-me. Seemingly everyone around here wears these and I really love them too! Hopefully I can find ones in more funky colors soon. (obviously I washed it before putting it on, don't worry)


CAPS x2





Both N E W // The first one fascinated me because of its' orange corduroy material. This vintage-look clashes perfectly with the black clip in the back! [2€ on sale] 

Same with the second cap, it was part of the H&M x Ace Tee-collab (Ace Tee is a R&B-singer from Hamburg, one of her German songs became viral in the U.S.). I love this disgusting green-yellowish color! [1€ on sale]






SAILOR HAT



T H R I F T E D // I could almost build a shrine for this hat and praise it every single day. Looking for one like this for 2 months (having my Ebay notifications on and roaming all online-sites like a maniac), I got this one in an Ebay-auction for 15€. Yup, that is quiet a lot for a hat, but compared to how much these hats usually cost (20€ up to 100€ if it's vintage), it's alright.
In Germany, this type of hat is called "Prinz Heinrich Mütze" - but I'm not sure if that refers to a German prince in the late 19th/early 20th century, or just to a boat that has been built in his name. Nonetheless, it looks good with anything!





SCARFS x2



Left: T H R I F T E D // This one reminded me of a scarf that my dad always wore, and I really dig the color combo. [2€]

Right: N E W // Another piece of the Ace Tee-collab. I talked about this type of scarf in my last blogpost as well. While a standard knitted scarf often is just part of your outfit, this one is a true statement-piece. [1€ on sale]

________________________________


Okay, we're almost done here! These are just some more accessories I picked up:

1) 2 pairs of colorful socks (new, 3€ & 2€ on sale)
2) A duck-shaped ceramic box. I use this to hold my brooches now. (thrifted, 2€)
3) A dope choker. Wearing this as a bracelet most of the time! (new, 2€ on sale)
4) Faux-glasses. You know I'm obsessed with these. (new, 8€)





As you're able to see I bought way too much stuff again last month! ✌ In the next post, I'll show you an outfit combining many of these items. For now, I hope that I was able to inspire you for your future local- or online-thrifting-trips. Have fun and thank you for reading!








Comments

Post a Comment